Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Accomplishment Through Baby Steps!

It's awesome how we can become conscious of how much we appreciate those around us who are moving forward.

I was with my sister having lunch when I recognized how her accomplishment of losing over 20 pounds has given her not only better health but confidence. She talked about signing up for mountain biking and white-water river rafting on an upcoming trip. Now, if she had told me she was attempting this 6 months ago, I would have thought I was in the twilight zone.

My sister has been struggling with her weight for over 20 years but as we get older, we have been able to share concerns about our health rather than our image. Hence, she explained having to finally take the necessary "steps" to get healthy.

However, this is not really a health topic more than it is a matter of accomplishment. It is BECAUSE she lost over 20 pounds, she now feels confident she can take on active activities. What small act are we attempting to lead us to the bigger goal? Are the bigger dreams really too difficult to overcome?

I was amazed but very proud that whether she realizes it or not, her baby steps can lead her to perfect health and a very active lifestyle someday. A lifestyle not even I had envisioned for her until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment